Effective date: May 17, 2021
Please take note this Policy does NOT apply to the collection and use of information by companies that Storage Rental USA LLC does not control, collected independently by our affiliate companies or joint venture partners, third parties nor by individuals not employed or managed by us.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- Collection of Information
- Information Source
- Automatically Collected Information
- Combining Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Location of Information
- Security of Data
- Data Protection Rights
- Children under Thirteen
- What are Cookies
- Type of Cookies
- How to Manage Cookies
- Links to Other Websites
- Changes to Policy
- Contact Information
Collection of Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Sites, Storage Rental USA LLC may collect personally identifiable information, such as the following:
- Contact Information, such as name, alias, address, phone number, email address, and similar contact data.
- User Content, such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Sites and similar data.
- Location Data, such as the location of your device, your household, and similar location data.
- Your Image, such as still pictures, video, voice, and other similar data.
- Financial Information, such as billing address, credit card information, billing contact details, and similar data.
- Demographic Information, such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, style preference, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information, such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, social media user ID, and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as usage metrics (including usage rates, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs), content interactions (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data.
You directly provide our company with most of the personal information we collect; however, we may also collect information about you from certain third parties, or from other sources. Some of how the personal information is collected is as follows:
- Registering online or placing an order for any of our products or services.
- Searching for, visiting, interacting with, or using our Sites via your browser's cookies or otherwise interacting with us (including through a device).
- Voluntarily completing a customer survey or providing feedback on any of our messages or Sites.
- Communicating with us by email, phone, chat, in person or otherwise.
- Purchasing, using, or otherwise interact with content, products, or services from third party providers who have a relationship with us.
- Create, post, or submit user content on our Sites.
- Search for, subscribe to, or purchase our services or products.
- Access, use, or download content from us.
- Credit Reference Agencies
- Otherwise interact or communicate with us (such as when you attend one of our events or locations, when you request support or send us information, or when you mention or post to our social media accounts).
- Other publicly or generally available sources, such as social media sites, public and online websites, open databases, and data in the public domain.
If you elect not to provide personally identifiable information to us, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
Automatically Collected Information
Please be aware information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Storage Rental USA LLC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our Sites.
We may combine information we get from one source with other information we may have about you. This might include combining information you submit online with information you submit offline, or information that you submit by e-mail with information that you submit through our Sites or we may combine information we received from a third-party with information you submit to us.
- Communicate and contact you in relation to services or other notifications, programs, events, updates that you may have registered for and/or products you have requested from us.
- Process transactions related to our services, products or manage your account.
- Inform you of other products or services available from us and/or our affiliates
- Operate, provide, deliver, analyze, and administer our Sites
- Personalize, customize content, and advertising to make recommendations related to our Services and other offerings
- Internal research and development purposes for new content, products, and services, and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our current Sites
- Send you offers, advertising, and marketing materials, including to provide personalized advertising to you
- Other specified purposes for which you have given your consent
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, as well as to identify and authenticate your access to our Sites or to identify and authenticate you before we provide you with certain information
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and other's rights, safety, and/or property, including to act against those that seek to violate or abuse our Sites
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customers when they arrange access to our Sites for you
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
Notice to Non-US Users
Storage Rentals USA LLC operations are in the United States. Our Sites are controlled, operated, and administered by Storage Rentals USA LLC in the United States. During your access or use of our Sites and your interactions with us, your personal information will be transferred outside of your home country and sent and stored in the United States. You agree that you will not use the Sites content in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations of that country. We will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Security of Data
We take precautions to secure your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Whenever we collect sensitive information (e.g., credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are guaranteed access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Our security procedures also mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests.
However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable measures designed to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Marketing or Opt-Out
Our company may deliver advertising and marketing across various platforms, such as on our Sites or via email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and various online channels. Our marketing materials may also include third party advertising and links to other websites and applications. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, or services.
You may opt out not to receive future marketing or advertising emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each marketing or advertising email that you receive from us or by sending us an opt-out request specifying your communications preferences by email or mail.
Please note that, even if you opt-out of receiving marketing or advertising emails, we may still send you transactional emails related to the performance of our Sites, your account with us, and responses to any "contact" request you initiate.
Data Protection Rights
Our company would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. In certain circumstances, data protection laws (such as the GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") may give you rights with respect to personal information if you are in or are a resident of that country, state, or territory.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO HONOR RIGHTS TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE RIGHTS HAVE BEEN GRANTED TO YOU AND APPLY TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LAWS. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHEN ACCESS TO THESE RIGHTS ARE LIMITED.
What rights may be available to you?
These rights differ based upon local data protection laws in your country, state, or territory, but these rights may include one or more of the following:
Access to Personal Information. You may have the right to confirm and request from us copies of your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee for copies of your personal information requested by you.
Rectification. You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
Erasure/Deletion. You may have the right to require us to erase some or all the personal information concerning you.Restriction of Processing. You may have the right to require us to restrict the further processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
Object to Processing. You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, to the processing of your personal information by us, under certain conditions.
Right to Data Portability. You may have the right to have a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us to be transferred to another organization or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again later.
Nondiscrimination. You may have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
Right to Complaint. You may have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulator if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at [email protected], so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
Importantly, these rights are not absolutely guaranteed and there are several exceptions where we may not have an obligation to fulfill your request. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHICH EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY.
How do I submit a request?
To make a request or exercise your rights, please contact us at our email or write to us. When you make a request, we ask that you help us with the following:
Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Please specify which right you want to exercise and the personal information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another individual, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such person's behalf.
Tell Us More about Your Relationship with Us: Please let us know how you are associated with us, such as that you use certain Sites of ours.
Help Us Verify Your Identity: As mentioned above, our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests. Provide us enough information to verify your identity. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process (such information may include your picture, a copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID and/or a recent utility or credit card bill). Please note that if we cannot verify your identity, we may not be able to fulfill your request. Any personal information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity may be shared with our third-party service providers and/or third parties (like your phone carrier) or government agencies for the purpose of verification.
Direct Our Response Delivery: Depending on your request, we will provide a response to you via email or mail. If you prefer to receive our response in another way, then please let us know your preferred delivery mechanism to receive our response.
Children Under Thirteen
Our website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If it has been determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on any person under the age of thirteen (13), we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) should not register or disclose personal information on our Sites. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain permission to view or access our website.
What are Cookies
When you visit our Sites, we may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a person and website and can be accessed either by the web server or your computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from one visit to the website (or related site) to the next. Cookies are not viruses.
There are two types of computer cookies: temporary and permanent. Temporary cookies, also called session cookies, are stored for a short time and then removed as soon as the browser is closed. Permanent cookies, also called persistent cookies, are stored for a long time on the user's hard drive and, if deleted, will be replaced the next time the respective site is visited.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
- Recall your specific information on subsequent visits.
- Recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on
- Use features that you customized.
Types of Cookies
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website may use:
- Functionality. These cookies are used to recognize you on our Sites and remember your previously selected preferences such as account name, language, and location. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising. These cookies are used to collect information about your visit to our Sites, the content viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and IP address. These are set by us and trusted third party networks and are generally persistent in nature. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Sites.
- Third Party / Embedded Content. Sites hosted by us make use of different third- party applications and services to enhance the experience of Site visitors. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons). As a result, cookies may be set by these third parties, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for our Sites to perform their basic functions. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions.
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Sites, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our Sites function and to understand how users interact with our Sites.
How to Manage Cookies
You can accept or decline cookies. Most internet browsers allow you to change your cookie setting. You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies from the options or preference section of your browser. Please be aware that if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Sites you visit.
You may see a "cookie banner" on our website. If you are visiting our website from the EU/EEA, then we do not set, or allow cookies that are used to show you targeted ads before you click to accept. When you consent in this manner, we and our advertising partners may set advertising cookies on our website you are visiting.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Statement
Email us at: [email protected]
Or write us at:
Storage Rentals USA LLC
128 Sunset Blvd 1174
New Castle, Delaware 19720